Monday, March 15, 2010

Making bookmark favors

A while back I shared how to make birthday goody bags from regular brown paper bags. I used these for my daughter's 7th birthday party. We filled it with all kinds of party favors including these "Girly Girl" bookmarks. The girls just loved them. They are so simple and fun to make too!Instructions:
1. Cut the base of the bookmark out of pattern paper. Mine measures 2 inches by 6 inches.
2. Cut a 2 inch piece of pattern paper and adhere this to the base.
2. Stamp the Rubber Romance "Girly Girl" stamp on a separate piece of cardstock, diecut, or pattern paper. I used half of a diecut from Scribble Scrabbles. Adhere this to the right side of the bookmark. It should just overlap the bottom piece of pattern paper.
3. Cut a couple of flowers out of pattern paper. You don't want these to be too bulky since it will be a bookmark. Adhere them just over the piece of paper with the stamped sentiment.
4. Take a pen and detail around the pieces of pattern paper and the flowers.
5. Punch a hole in the top of the bookmark and add some fibers. I used 2 colors that matched my pattern papers.
6. Add a touch of stickles to the flower center. I also brushed some over the stamped sentiment.
I hope you enjoyed this and give them a try sometime!!

1 comment: